It’s so true what my morning “cup of tea” says… Life should be enjoyed at every possible moment but how many of you are struggling to find time to do even the simplest things such as sitting down and enjoying a meal with your family? No time to cook and tons of work and /or personal deadlines to meet? Luckily for me, I was able to team up with Diet-to-Go this year and take back my needed time to do the things that are important to me. If you haven’t heard of Diet-to-Go before you are really missing out on a cost effective way to save time, eat healthy and join a supportive community through many forms of social media with like minded folks. Still feeling unsure… read my review and check them out. As one of Diet-to-Go’s Brand Ambassadors I was asked to be a part of their exciting summer campaign. What a whirlwind this past month has been for myself including travel for work and with family, forget about being tied down in the kitchen! Diet-to-Go also coordinated so many cool things like the twitter party (Don’t forget to follow them @Diettogo) and the Dietbet. I really hope all of you entered their June contest to win free meals on their Facebook page earlier this month. I have a feeling they are going to be hosting more of these events so stay tuned!
And here’s something yummy to get you thinking with that stomach of yours…
I got to start my morning off with WAFFLES! I added the fruit since it was hanging out on my counter but what a treat! No mess cleaning up a waffle iron at 6:30am.
In addition to all of these fun events, Diet-to-Go also joined the Google + Community: “Common-Sense Healthy Living” and many Brand Ambassadors including myself have been posting healthy ideas to get your Summer Skinny on with heaps of Common Sense. There are lots of great tips, articles, recipes and information to help keep you motivated to slim down in a healthy way. I mean really… what’s the point of crash dieting for the eight weeks of summer so you can fall apart like a hot mess in September… until you start stressing for all those work and holiday parties from November to January? Why not make your daily eating habits a lifestyle change and love what you eat as much as you love that hot bikini and adorable summer espadrilles? Don’t let all your cute clothes cry out lonely in your closet!
That’s exactly why I feel like Diet-to-Go really makes such a helpful impact for those of us struggling to cook a healthy meal at 10pm after a week of traveling for work and finally getting everything accomplished and settled down for the night, only to have to wake up early and start all over again. While I personally love to cook I also just don’t logically have the time I used to have to cook those beautiful, healthy meals, hence a great meal plan from Diet-to-Go.
Are you feeling as hungry as I am seeing all these easily prepared meals??
This pasta salad with asparagus veggies is a complete win for me and the fresh taste made me wish I had more after I finished this meal. I should mention I’d never eaten asparagus before this and now I want more of those skinny looking trees in my diet!
I ended up choosing the Vegetarian meal plan again this time because I loved the previous plan so much. Diet-to-Go offers three plans, Vegetarian, Traditional and Low-Carb. You can also choose from plans that include breakfast, lunch and dinner or just lunch and dinner and also pick either the 5 or 7 day plan. Your meal plan will also be either equal to 1200 or 1600 calories daily to support your specific goals you might have in mind. My meals came packed in a large Styrofoam cooler with dry ice. So cool! (hehe!) The meals were all individually wrapped with cooking instructions and ingredients/calories on the bottom. I was usually in a hurry so I generally grabbed whatever I pawed first and ran out the door to work, as my busy schedule permitted.
Did you know that Diet-to-Go has been ranked by Epicurious as #1 for taste? They weren’t kidding!! I really enjoyed the meals with the exception of maybe one or two but only because I generally wouldn’t have eaten those items anyway but moving forward in the future I know I can contact them and do meal substitutions. All my meals were packed with sides and condiments as needed so really I had nothing to purchase or worry about for the week overall. There was no supplemental grocery shopping unless you count shampoo, kitty litter and toilet paper!! Easy Peasy! The breakfast muffins had a nice taste/texture and many of the meals were things I have not even tried cooking before so it was a nice treat to also try new meals such as a bean soup with a pesto grilled sandwich or the curried cous cous that had toast almonds and apricots in it.
So if you needed more reasons why I think Diet-to-Go does a phenomenal job of providing easy delicious meals, here are my thoughts on the Pros and Cons overall of using Diet-to-Go:
1. It was so easy to do. I just grabbed a meal and went about my business.
2. Often times the meals were very filling and I wasn’t able to eat everything off my plate. I even lost 2 lbs! Many people have used this service to compliment a weight loss regiment.
3. If you find you don’t like certain meals you can do substitutions through their online customer tools prior to ordering.
4. Did I mention no cooking for the week? It’s like I had a personal chef hanging out in my freezer.
5. CHOICES – the variety kept me from getting bored, which for me would usually lead to unadulterated snacking.
6. You can also partake in the fresh pick up if you live by their locations or have it shipped to you frozen as I did.
7. The cost is competitive to others out there in the market and if you’re going to buy something for lunch or dinner, you’re going to likely spend less with Diet-to-Go and get food of healthier and better quality.
1. I could see how something like this “could” be a little expensive especially if you are feeding a family but I would like to argue that over time by eating better foods you are probably saving on healthcare down the road so maybe this is also a Pro but I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
2. A few of the items had a high calorie count. If I was keeping to about 400-500 calories per meal, eating a 700 calorie lunch probably isn’t the best but I managed and it was only one of meals out of the week and I was full so I didn’t even snack before dinner.
3. I wasn’t particularly crazy about all the plastic packaging, I’m kind of green like that so I made sure to recycle everything possible, but I also understand I was doing this for convenience so I had to compromise somewhere.
Overall if you are looking for an easy plan and have some weight loss goals in mind I would recommend giving Diet-to-Go a try. It was easy working with their customer service and the broad selection of meals is pretty impressive for having something delivered to your home And while we’re at it, Diet-to-Go is letting us as Ambassadors share some of the savings with you our readers. For a limited time only we can share a “gift card” with you which is good for $50 off a week of meals. What better way to give them a try and save some cash for things like a cute new swim suit or summer shoes??
Here’s to more ways to eat healthy! My bikini and I thank you!
These thoughts and opinions are my own. I was compensated by Diet-to-Go for this campaign, who provided me a week of meals to enjoy.